How do I disable Hyper Threading?
The following steps can be taken to disable hyper threading on most computers. If this does not seem to work for you particular computer, please contact the manufacturer.
- Reboot your computer and tap the "F2" key until the system BIOS are displayed.
- Press the right arrow key until the "Advanced" category is highlighted.
- Press the down arrow key until "Hyper Threading Technology" is highlighted.
- Press the enter key, then use the up/down arrow to select "Disabled", then press enter again.
- Press the "F10" key to save and exit the BIOS.
- Select "Yes" if prompted to save the configuration.
- Your computer will restart and hyper threading will now be disabled.
Question Last Updated on: 6/17/2008
This Article has been viewed 5583 times